Electric Muscle Stimulation, also known as EMS, is a fitness protocol that triggers muscle contractions using electrical impulses.
EMS is scientifically proven to work and has been used by physiotherapists and fitness professionals for decades.
In 2020, the benefits of EMS are quickly becoming more recognised.
More people are choosing to switch to EMS classes rather than conventional group classes because EMS workouts are easier, more time-efficient, and effective.
How Does EMS Work?
Electrical impulses generated from an EMS device are delivered to your muscles through electrodes placed on your body close to targeted muscle groups. These impulses trigger the muscles to contract with little to no effort from the user.
What Are The Benefits Of EMS?
One reason more people are opting for EMS as their go-to exercise method is because it saves time.
Unlike conventional workout methods, EMS only requires one to two 20 minute sessions per week to get results.
EMS can help you…
- Lose weight
- Increase strength
- Fix muscular imbalances
- Decrease risk of injury if you have vulnerable joints
- Increase your metabolic rate
EMS can be used by a vast array of people from older people who are looking for a low impact, highly effective exercise tool to elite athletes who are looking for ways to enhance their performance and everyone in between.
EMS truly is one of the most versatile forms of exercise and it’s no surprise EMS is set to be the most effective exercise regime in 2020!
Read more about the top nine science-backed benefits of EMS.
The Bottom Line
- If you’re busy and only have time to exercise once or twice per week, then EMS is a great option as this frequency is all you need to commit to for results.
- If you exercise daily, then EMS can be a great addition to your routine as it can support your current fitness goals, helping you to achieve them quicker.
- If you’re trying to get in shape for summer, EMS is ideal as it helps you burn calories, increases your basal metabolic rate, and promotes muscle hypertrophy (growth), which are all factors that help speed up weight loss.